Also IDE v188.8.131.52 (22nd July) still with unchanged Runtime v184.108.40.206. This small update fixes the following two IDE issues only:
- [SEQ-2677] - Project Import: Converting a yyz will not import any Included Files
- [SEQ-2692] - Project Import: Scripts are not converted correctly in BB12, just get the function wrapper
There is a new Known Issue where if you have one project open, a script open in your workspace and unsaved changes in that script, and at that time you click File > Import and pick a new .yyz, then this can occasionally cause the IDE to go unstable when the new import has been completed.
Original notes below...
- Importing 2.2.5 projects did not convert your Scripts or Included Files properly, so they were missing content in the 2.3 project [Now fixed in IDE 174, see the top of this page!]
- Importing projects/Marketplace assets contain extensions with file paths beyond the 260 character limit in Windows will fail to import those files. It can also cause unwanted default folders to be added and can in some cases cause that project to fail to load again. (Our Google Play Services extension will do this if you add it into your project via Game Options > Main > Add-ons, so please do not use this Add-ons screen just now.)
- Running games on an old ARMv7 Android device will cause the game to crash on startup
- Cancelling the import of a local package into the Mac IDE will cause GMS2 to go unstable
- "Painting" assets into a room where the sprite origin is at the bottom can cause two to be placed at once
- The file picker "..." button has disappeared from Android/Amazon keystore location Preferences, so for now you will need to type or copy/paste the path in
- If you duplicate a room, then entering that room in-game won't show any of the existing instances until you later add a new instance into that room.
- [SEQ-2488] - Building Projects: PS4 YYC fails due to several errors
- [SEQ-1497] - DnD Editor: Converting DnD to GML 'with' statement causes syntax error
- [SEQ-2484] - Code Editor: Code folding visualisation incorrect for "if" statements followed by "else"
- [SEQ-2558] - Debugger: Attached project disconnects the debugger immediately after connection made
- [SEQ-2565] - Debugger: IDE goes unstable when hovering mouse over certain UI elements
- [SEQ-2639] - Debugger: Crashes when running projects which contain an empty script
- [SEQ-2399] - Extensions: Reloading a project removes the function names from the properties window
- [SEQ-2529] - File Watcher: Git revert causes "Resources have been deleted" popup, neither option is reasonable
- [SEQ-2549] - File Watcher: [Mac IDE] Dialog shows when importing the project into a repo
- [SEQ-2346] - Font: Changing the font settings requires they be regenerated every time
- [SEQ-2619] / [SEQ-2624] / [SEQ-2625] - General: IDE can "lag" a lot when trying to work with a very large project
- [SEQ-2580] - Object Editor: Variables Window: "Asset" variables no longer allow setting filter options
- [SEQ-2641] - Object Editor: Variables Window: Constructor functions are not allowed
- [SEQ-1710] - Project Import: Importing a .yymps causes default folders to be removed
- [SEQ-2598] - Project Import: Converting an older project will change collison masks from "Precise per Frame" to "Precise"
- [SEQ-2609] - Project Save: IDE crash after deleting empty folders and then a sprite
- [SEQ-2632] - Project Import: 1.4 sprites will have their Y origin value reset to 0
- [SEQ-2633] - Project Import: Converting an older-format project adds two entries to Recent Projects
- [SEQ-2657] - Project Save: Crash when deleting an anim curve used in a recently-deleted sequence
- [SEQ-2669] - Project Import: Objects with collision events referencing each other are not imported correctly for second object
- [SEQ-2634] - Room Editor: Copying an instance does not copy its creation code
- [SEQ-2546] - UI/UX: "No network connection" login error text is offset because middle-aligned, cuts off text
- [SEQ-2361] - In-Game: Project crashes silently when starting a new game, but works if using debugger
- [SEQ-2594] - In-Game: Project attached crashes silently when moving to Room2
- [SEQ-2599] - In-Game: Using += operator with ds list items behaves oddly in the project attached
- [SEQ-2608] - In-Game: Copy-on-write behaviour is not triggered for arrays when the source array is in a function
- [SEQ-2614] - In-Game: Silent crash when calling instance_change() in a global scope script
- [SEQ-2618] - In-Game: [YYC] Syn... errors on game start on YYC with "REAL argument is undefined"
- [SEQ-2620] - In-game: game_restart() forces the default text colour to be black
- [SEQ-2622] - In-Game: [YYC] Chi... silently crashes after splash screen
- [SEQ-2637] - In-Game: Cannot instantiate from a script argument, causes "not set before reading it" error
- [SEQ-2640] - In-Game: [YYC] Global array appears to get emptied between object events
- [SEQ-2649] - In-Game: [HTML5] Bound methods are not run from the bound subject's perspective
- [SEQ-2656] - In-Game: [VM] Overwriting instance built-in variables in structs does not work
- [SEQ-2659] - In-Game: [YYC] Project attached crashes with "argument is not a method"
- [SEQ-2660] - In-Game: [YYC] Project attached crashes silently when redefining variables in rmTestUnable creation code
- [SEQ-2662] - In-Game: [YYC] Project attached fails to compile script "xhr_request"
- [SEQ-2664] - In-Game: variable_struct_exists() returns true for built-in global variables
- [SEQ-2668] - In-Game: [YYC] Project attached fails when named arguments are undefined
Post is closed for comments.