Sprite collision masks not set correctly

Comments

3 comments

  • Jeffrey Hyacinthe

    Hi,

    I also encountered this issue. It was especially frustrating as its not easy to notice. Why do my collisions not work when everything is setup as it should be?! Hadn't noticed that even if automatic (or any type) was used, it changed nothing.

    This should definitely get fixed! Collisions are often a challenging concept for beginners, and people thinking they did something wrong, when its really the engine not updating properly will probably cause a lot of issues.

    Besides that, I did want to say that the issue was fixed for me by simply closing the sprite(editor) window/tab.

    Its more visible with your other example, but at the top you still have "Sprite2" and "Sprite3" editors opened. Closing those might allow the collision mask to actually update. It's not proper or normal behavior, because I never had to do that before.

    Hope this helps!

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Richard McLoughlin

    Jeffrey Hyacinthe
    That other report wasn't made by me, I just linked to it as I searched for the bug before I reported it and found it had been marked as fixed back then.

    In the case of my gif above, that sprite was the only sprite I had open as it was the only sprite in the empty project I used to test repro steps for it.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Richard McLoughlin

    This issue is still occurring in the latest update: IDE v23.1.1.174 | Runtime v23.1.1.165.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.