Also IDE v18.104.22.168 Runtime v22.214.171.124 (3rd July). This small update fixes the following two runtime issues only as we wanted to get a quick fix out before the weekend.
- [SEQ-2562] - In-Game: [VM] Projects crash silently when passing a struct through string()
- [SEQ-2557] - In-Game: Declaring a multidimensional array does not allocate properly, have to call array_create() first
Original notes below...
The Beta releases reached double-digits! This stability release resolves a lot of common reports from BB8/9 and also fixes a few issues which stopped some of you from really participating in BB9.
We have made a change to the runtime download process to hopefully stop issues for some users who were not able to download the BB9 runtimes due to suspected web caching issues on the iOS and Amazon Fire modules. If you do still have this problem in BB10, then we will need you to enable some extra logging and send us your ui.log, so please do send us a Helpdesk ticket for this and we can discuss directly.
Also made a number of improvements to the file watcher, particularly for Mac IDE users again, so you should find this is more robust. However, you can now control the time delay tolerance before the file-watcher treats a file as changed - this new setting and the existing one for enabling/disabling the file watcher can be found on the new "File Watcher" section of General Settings inside Preferences.
Debugger memory usage being very high in some cases and issues stepping through functions have been fixed, so please do check out the debugger if you were having issues before.
The manual is now content complete and features a comprehensive Index again. There may well be minor typos on some pages, as this bit is still ongoing, but in general you should be able to search the manual, open pages for functions, etc., as you would expect and not receive errors for missing pages - if you do, let us know.
We have made lots of project save/load fixes - in particular the asset browser restoring folders you didn't want, but also a few issues from importing 1.4 projects - and similarly we have fixed a number of important compiler issues and restored working configurations support.
All of which means you should find you now can work on your projects, build, and test them much more safely and smoothly than in previous releases.
And on that note... We're aware that many of you are already trying to make this your ongoing "production" GMS2 install and that's great to hear that you have confidence and are able to work well with 2.3.0 already (although we don't really advise it). However, please do continue to make small sample projects when reporting issues, rather than sending us your imported full project, as we're trying to get issues confirmed and fixes into the product asap just now and so a small sample helps us a lot.
- Declaring a multi-dimensional array directly has issues and you currently need to call array_create(); to declare the array to the correct length first - we will fix this asap. [Please update - see the top of this page!]
- Enabling source control for a project for the first time in the Mac IDE can still show a file watcher dialog saying that files have been changed externally
- Local variables with the same name as an enum are coloured as if enums also
- The code editor will show passing the wrong number of arguments to a custom function as a red error, but this is a warning and your project will compile, so the icon needs to be changed to the yellow triangle
- It is not possible to remove all of an object variable's name before typing in a new one
- "[HTML5] variable_struct_get_names() and variable_struct_names_count() do not work" is mostly fixed, but HTML5 needed a further fix to get the values of static variables specifically. So it's not listed below, but the sample project given to us now runs and returns the correct answer for all but two items. This last bit is already fixed for the next release.
- [SEQ-2429] - Building Projects: Inheriting object variable definitions is broken, causes compile errors
- [SEQ-2435] - Building Projects: Enums are not treated as valid function arguments, give compiler error
- [SEQ-2436] - Building Projects: Function _bwloader.subscribe() in the attached project is getting rewritten as self.subscribe()
- [SEQ-2451] - Building Projects: Configs are ignored during builds, always uses settings from Default
- [SEQ-2491] - Building Projects: [YYC] Project silently fails to build if calling instance_create_...() inside an object with a struct to spawn another object with a struct
- [SEQ-2493] - Building Projects: [Mac IDE] Included Files are not built correctly if using Catalina
- [SEQ-2497] - Building Projects: [YYC] Compiler can't find a function called in a Sequence moment, errors
- [SEQ-2504] - Building Projects: [HTML5] Calling an extension function using self/global gives error "Houston we have a problem"
- [SEQ-2402] - Code Editor: Code folding is not supported on struct declarations
- [SEQ-2390] - Debugger: RAM usage for the attached project is much higher than it uses in 2.2.5
- [SEQ-2457] - Docs Integration: [Mac IDE] The new manual is not included properly in installs
- [SEQ-2227] - File Watcher: Game Options buttons for editing external files cause unwanted FW dialog
- [SEQ-2234] - File Watcher: [Mac IDE] Creating a project on the desktop and adding an asset causes "project deleted" dialog
- [SEQ-2324] - File Watcher: [Mac IDE] Converting a script from GML to DND shows the FW dialog
- [SEQ-2477] - File Watcher: ui.log has lots of debug entries for "Ignoring" and "Unignoring", which should be removed now
- [SEQ-2486] - Install: The old manual needs to be removed from installers
- [SEQ-2184] - Project Load: Loading a layout containing an asset named the same as the project causes IDE crash
- [SEQ-2474] - Project Save: Duplicating a note does not actually keep the original content
- [SEQ-2512] - Project Load: IDE does not add any missing game options for the additional platforms on your license
- [SEQ-2528] - Project Save: Changing a Timeline moment's step value is not saved properly, gets reset
- [SEQ-2365] - Room Editor: DPI changes causes placed instances to display incorrectly
- [SEQ-1163] - Sequence Editor: Falloff track is redundant and should be removed (from projects also)
- [SEQ-2224] - Sequence Editor: Canvas frame and origin are displayed incorrectly at non-default DPI
- [SEQ-2482] - UI/UX: Backspace key does not delete objects in Sequence Editor or Anim Curve editor
- 0031727: Runtimes: Some users cannot install new runtimes because GMS2 fails to verify the iOS and/or Amazon Fire modules
- [SEQ-2437] - Manual Content: Need to remove claim you can use struct variables to initialise another variable inside the struct
- [SEQ-2369] - In-Game: Some functions still show an old code error dialog rather than returning an exception
- [SEQ-2372] - In-Game: Garbage Collector clears instances/functions held in arrays, causes silent crash when item is next used
- [SEQ-2413] - In-Game: Calling a function in a struct will cause a surrounding with() to only perform once
- [SEQ-2438] - In-Game: Using +=/-+ on a member variable the same as a built-in name will give a code error
- [SEQ-2439] - In-Game: Functions unable to properly index objects under some conditions
- [SEQ-2443] - In-Game: [HTML5] Errors about ownership of arrays/IDs
- [SEQ-2447] - In-Game: Struct methods called within repeat loops execute only once
- [SEQ-2468] - In-Game: Child Object Variable definitions do not override parent's in 2.3.0
- [SEQ-2476] - In-Game: ds_grid_add() needs fixes to better support structs, as grids can lose structs
- [SEQ-2479] - In-Game: "Recursive" warning incorrectly still shown when accessing a finitely-recursive array
- [SEQ-2485] - In-Game: [YYC] Attached project loses struct data and results in error, differs to VM
- [SEQ-2487] - In-Game: [HTML5] Inconsistent behaviour of functions calling themselves, compared to Windows
- [SEQ-2490] - In-Game: [Switch YYC] Attached project will immediately exit without any error message
- [SEQ-2492] - In-Game: [Android YYC] Attached project will immediately exit without any error message
- [SEQ-2494] - In-Game: [HTML5] Calling chained functions crashes game with "Cannot read properly 'gmlb'"
- [SEQ-2495] - In-Game: [Xbox YYC] Attached project will immediately exit without any error message
- [SEQ-2498] - In-Game: Garbage Collector crashes when parsing "excessively large" objects
- [SEQ-2509] - in-Game: [HTML5] Inconsistent results assigning variables to functions, compared to Windows
- [SEQ-2519] - In-Game: [HTML5] Changing the head direction of a sequence only works once
- [SEQ-2523] - In-Game: Passing values from ds_grid accessors to functions gives code error "trying to index a variable which is not an array"
- [SEQ-2524] - In-Game: Sprites are displayed in different quality after game_restart()
- [SEQ-2527] - In-Game: Assigning an object to a variable then calling a function through that variable will not have access to other variables in that object
- [SEQ-2535] - In-Game: Crash on some machines when using "self" in nested struct/function/with()
- [SEQ-2550] - In-Game: Function is not bound to the correct scope, causes crash
Post is closed for comments.