Beta 11 is a much smaller but still super-important release, as it fixes a number of issues which caused HTML5 or YYC builds to fail for some very large and/or more complex projects in BB10. We also fixed a number of garbage-collection issues in-game and removed a few of the small IDE issues which had been reported to us the most frequently.
Our thanks again to everyone who reports an issue and sends a sample!
- Some of the larger projects which now compile in YYC do still have issues where they crash shortly after startup on YYC, but work fine on VM. We are continuing to investigate and fix.
- Calling instance_change() in a global script and therefore before entering any room will crash the game when you do reach the first room.
- We are aware of comments about IDE "lag" on the GMC (less so here on the official forum) when working on projects, particularly in the code editor - we do now have a machine which reproduces and a project which causes, so we will look into what can be done here.
- The Object Variables window no longer enables the filters button if you chose an asset type variable.
- Converting 2.2.5 projects containing sprites which have their collision mask set to "Precise per frame" incorrectly converts these to "Precise" in the 2.3.0 project
- game_restart() changes the default text colour to be black, so previously-white text may appear to disappear on a black/dark background.
- And there are still a couple of instances of enabling/using source control which can show an unwanted File Watcher dialog in the Mac IDE.
- [SEQ-2561] - Building Projects: [HTML5] Project crashes with "gmlgetMoves is not defined in file undefined at line undefined""
- [SEQ-2605] - Building Projects: YYC fails builds with "no matching function for call to 'YYGML_Variable_GetValue'" if you use an object's member variable in a function
- [SEQ-2606] - Building Projects: YYC fails compile if a struct contains a variable with the same name as a read-only built-in
- [SEQ-2551] - Code Editor: Gutter icon for passing wrong number of args to a function should be yellow triangle warning now
- [SEQ-2401] - File Watcher: Save is triggered after changing each character when renaming variables in the Variable Definition window
- [SEQ-2548] - Go To: Description heading still says "Resources" rather than "Assets"
- [SEQ-2400] - Object Editor: It is not possible to delete the name of a variable entirely in the Variable Definition window
- [SEQ-2563] - Project Save: Ensure file paths written out to resources always support IDEs on both OSes
- [SEQ-2449] - In-Game: [HTML5] variable_struct_get_names() and variable_struct_names_count() do not work
- [SEQ-2541] - In-Game: Project attached crashes on "New Game" after converting from 2.2.5
- [SEQ-2552] - In-Game: [VM] Try-catch does not work when passing an invalid field
- [SEQ-2555] - In-Game: Handling an exception inside a switch() silently crashes the game
- [SEQ-2559] - In-Game: Passing the arguments array to a function via a list accessor gives "illegal access of argument" error
- [SEQ-2560] - In-Game: [HTML5] Running attached project gives "5 is not a function" error
- [SEQ-2564] - In-Game: [Mac YYC] Does not skip/reduce splash screen time when doing runs, differs from VM
- [SEQ-2591] - In-Game: Silent crash when a global-scope script calls instance_...() outside of a room
Post is closed for comments.