The YoYo Account is a one-stop solution to all GameMaker licensing requirements. Once you have made your account, you can use it to recover your licence details as well as for logging in to the GameMaker Marketplace or even purchasing additional GameMaker Licences.
IMPORTANT! You must be 13 years old or older to create a YoYo Games Account
To create an account simply go to https://accounts.yoyogames.com/login:
Here you are presented with three options:
- Personal Use - If you want to create games using GameMaker Studio 2 individually or as part of a team, then select this option.
- Educational Institute - If you represent an educational institute and want to licence GameMaker Studio 2 for use in class then you should select this option. For more information on getting Education Licence, please this article: Requesting A GameMaker Studio 2 Education Licence
- Purchasing A Gift - If you want to gift a licence to use GameMaker Studio 2 to someone then you should select this option. For more information on Gifting, please see this article: Gifting A GameMaker Studio 2 Licence
Once selected the option you require (if you select Personal Use you will additionally have to select a Skill Level) then go ahead and fill in the rest of the required registration information and click Continue, to go to the next step in the registration process:
Here you can set set up your email preferences for the account. We suggest that you at least subscribe to the Publisher News and GameMaker News emails to keep up to date with all the latest offers, events and updates related to GameMaker Studio 2. If you have selected Personal Use, then you will additionally be able to select from a series of Goals that you wish to achieve when using GameMaker Studio 2. When ready, you can click the Continue button.
NOTE: If you are under the age of consent for the region you live in then you cannot opt-in to any marketing emails.
The next page will show you a summary of your account details and prompt you to supply a password and a security question, as well as show you the Platform User Agreement:
Your password must be at least 8 characters and have uppercase, lowercase and at least 1 special character and at least 1 number, and you must check that you have read the licence agreement before continuing. When finished click the Submit button.
You will now be sent an Activation Email to the account used to register, which will have a link to activate the account. When you receive the email, click the link to activate the account. Once activated, you will then be shown different options depending on the type of account you have created:
- Personal Use: options to Download GameMaker, Buy GameMaker or see a Tutorial, based on your selected Skill Level.
- Educational Institution: options to Download GameMaker, Access Educational Pricing, or see different Learning Materials.
- Purchasing a Gift: options to Make A Purchase, or see information on the different GameMaker Licences from the Understand our Licences link.
Optionally you can click the Login button to take you to your YoYo Account Dashboard.
Users Under The Age Of Majority
If you are under the age of majority for your country when registering your YoYo Account, then - before you can complete the registration process - you will need to get parental consent when filling out the above form:
This should be filled in by your legal guardian, and once the registration has been finalised, your account will be restricted, such that you will not be able to create a Marketplace Publisher account.
YoYo Account Dashboard
Once created, you can login to your YoYo Account and get access to the main Account Dashboard where you can purchase a licence (or further licences) as well as edit your profile, create gifts or set up Marketplace publisher account:
Note that when you go to purchase any GameMaker Studio 2 licence from the YoYo Games website, you will be asked to make a YoYo Account first before you can go to the checkout to pay for the licence.
If you have a GameMaker: Studio 1.4 licence, Voucher Code, or Humble Bundle code and wish to link it with your YoYo Account, then you should create the account as explained above (or log in if you have one already) and go to the section GameMaker > Redeem, and there you can input your GM:S 1.4 licence key or voucher/humble code to link the product to your YoYo Account:
Once you have redeemed the code, the product will be listed in the Products section of the dashboard, and you can download it from the Download section.
If you wish to publish assets or services for GameMaker then you will need to also create a linked Publisher Account. This is explained n the following article: